|“||Eighteen years I saved all Storks by getting out of babies and Into package delivery! Now this Monday at Stork-Con, the board announce that they kicking me upstairs, I'm going to be named Chairman. Which means you are going to be named BOSS.||„|
|~ Hunter tells Junior about his promotion to being boss of Cornerstore.|
Hunter is the former Executive CEO of Cornerstone and also the former Executive CEO of Baby Factory, he is main antagonist of the 2016 Warner Animation Group animated film Storks.
He was voiced by Kelsey Grammar who also voice Sideshow Bob, Stinky Pete, Rothbart from Barbie of Swan Lake, Dr. Ivan Krank, Harold Attinger and Dr. Frankenollie.
Hunter first appears as Junior, Cornerstone's top delivery stork enters his office as ordered. While being promoted as chairman, he promotes Junior as the boss. He furthers tells Junior that the must fire Tulip before he can earn his promotion.
After realizing that Junior and Tulip had made an unauthorized baby girl, he changes the delivery address in order to abduct her. Once Junior came by alone with the baby, as far as Hunter firing him, he also had an army of penguins tie him up like an infant and had her taken away from the human public.
During Stork-Con, while he was making a speech about spherical boxes, he realized that Junior and Tulip broke into the facility while wearing a mascot costume. He attempted to persuade Junior into giving up the baby and let bygones be bygones. Upon refusal, Junior sent in millions of letters inside the machine and inadvertently made an uncountable amount of babies. Hunter tried to put a stop to baby deliveries for good by destroying the factory and killing every baby inside with a giant robot.
After the machine was stuck, several birds that he abused by playing golf over the years, stood on the machine and caused it and the delivery service building to fall, which led to his death.
Hunter seems nice at first, but later on he is shown to hate babies, thus closing the Baby factory.
Hunter is a stork with a black tie and white suit. He some times wears a black suit over the white one.
Like all storks, he can fly, but we never see him do so.
He can convince others to do his bidding just by saying "Boss", often with the camera zooming into his wriggling uvula
Role in the film
He is shown when he tells Junior about his promotion (He is going to be named "Chairman" and Junior is going to be named "Boss"). At the same time, he blow Junior's mind. But, He asks Junior to fire the last baby (Tulip) created before he can be Boss. Hunter also tells Junior that now Tulip is 18, he can able to return Tulip to the human world.Before Junior go fire Tulip, he asks Hunter that "she is no trouble,right?". Hunter answers his question by showing his chart ( Tulip already make a lot of mistakes). So Junior agrees ( at the first) to liberate Tulip to the Human World. On that day (when Junior suppose to fire tulip) it was Tulip's birthday.She make one more mistake when Junior meets her. But Junior don't want to fire Tulip since he know it was her birthday. Hunter showed back his chart so that Junior fire Tulip. But Junior puts her in the Baby Factory.
Junior tell Hunter that he already liberate Tulip to the human world (but he put her at the baby factory).Hunter say that Monday it will be Junior's first day of being a boss. Also, he tells Junior how fun it is to be a boss (together with him).
Later, when Pigeon Toady tells him that Junior and Tulip is delivering a baby (so that means Junior is not firing Tulip), he asks Pigeon Toady to change adress of the Gardener's Family home. Then, he designed a home that look just like the Gardener's Family home and he send a police to go at the real Gardener's Family Home. Junior go to the fake Gardener's Family Home and Hunter told Junior that he is fired. He also asks Pigeon Toady to tie him on a green chair. After Pigeon Toady tied Junior, He go out of the fake Gardener's Family Home and set off to Cornerstore as he go to Storks con.
He explains the new edition box "SPHERICUS". When he is talking about "SPHERICUS", he heared Tulip and Junior arguing and he asks "What is THAT". One of the storks open Tulip and Junior "SPHERICUS" disguise. So Hunter and every stork (excluding Junior) chase Junior and Tulip. When Hunter arrive at the baby factory (which is where Junior and Tulip run) he tries and tries to blow Junior's mind (so Junior joins him and said that he is very cool) but it didn't work. So he attempts to destroy the baby factory (that he want to do many years ago). Diamond Destiny play the buttons of the machine (that he use to destroy the baby factory) so the machine go up and down and backwards. The Machine is going down and Hunter almost dies. Hunter ask the birds (that he make as a ball for golf a day ago) but instead, the birds take the golf stick and golf the ropes that hang the machine. Hunter tried to save himself but failed and nearly takes takes both Junior and Tuilp with however the two are able to save themslves as Juiper flies back up with Tulip on his back. Hunter is not seen again for the rest of the film, it is unknown weather if he was killed or survived the fall below.
- In the teaser trailer, Hunter possesses a different physical appearance from that in the actual film. He has a slightly smaller body, lacks black hair at the back of his head, and merely wears a white dress collar and black tie. He also bears a striking resemblance to Junior. This hides his villainy.
- In the film, his slightly larger size, black hair, and black suit symbolize his villainy.
- He is similar to Lord Farquaad from DreamWorks Animation's Shrek, Sid Phillips from Disney and Pixar's Toy Story and King Candy (a.k.a. Turbo) from Disney's Wreck-It Ralph.
- Though Hunter's villainy does not become entirely clear until the film progresses, there are some hints in the previews and on the film's promotion poster the foreshadow his villainy. In the previews, Hunter is shown to abuse robins by using them to make a newton's cradle and as golf ball; has his office wall made of glass despite the fact birds can't see glass so to overpower his employees; and when he finds out that Junior and Tulip have attempted to deliver the baby Junior accidentally produced, he declares the baby dangerous and orders penguins to take her away. Since the penguins fight for the baby against Junior and Tulip as if they're villains, some viewers may begin to assume Hunter is the antagonist. It is also noteworthy that Pigeon Toady appears to be the main antagonist in the previews. Toady is also positioned next to Hunter on the poster promoting the film which is another give-away hint to wise viewers.
- The explosion of the Cornerstore and Hunter's machine is never happened.
- Hunter is the second Warner Bros. Animation antagonist to be computer animated, the first was Lord Business from The Lego Movie.