- For another arthurian versions, please see King Arthur (disambiguation)
King Arthur Pendragon is a important figure in English mythology and a minor character from the film Quest for Camelot. He is voiced by Pierce Brosnan for his speaking voice and Steve Perry for his singing voice.
Arthur is an kind and important king of Camelot, he rules the kingdom and fills the lands with justice, kindness, and valour. Arthur does not take any disrespectfulness from anyone, such as Ruber, who plans to overthrow him. With Excalibur in his grasp, he takes the advantage of leading everyone out of the darkness and violence, to an bright, kind, and caring world, and he is protected when he holds the sword if any attacks comes to him. But if the sword is not there in his grasp or is been stolen, he is rendered vulnerable and powerless without it.
Arthur is as a slender 25 (later 35) year old king who has fair skin, blue eyes, light brown hair, brown short mustache and beard.
Arthur in the beginning is an 15 year old boy who pulls out Excalibur from the stone and becomes King wears a turquoise shirt underneath a teal tunic, turquoise pants and teal shoes.
He wears a long sleeved light blue shirt underneath a blue tunic with a dark blue sash, dark blue collar with gold linings. Light blue pants and blue shoes. He sometimes wears a crimson cape and a gold crown with it.
Role in the filmEdit
In the beginning of the film, an 15 year old Arthur stepped up to the magic stone and pulls out Excalibur and becomes the rightful king and established Camelot.
In the beginning of the film, Arthur calls a meeting, to discuss the division of land among the knights. Arthur wants the lands to be given out equally, according to each person's need, but Sir Ruber demands more land. Arthur refuses to give it to him, saying their first duty is to the people. Furious, Ruber pulls out a mace and attempts to kill Arthur. Sir Lionel threw himself in the way, attempting to save Arthur, but was struck in the chest and killed by Ruber, who then made a lunge for Arthur. Fortunately, Arthur is able to draw Excalibur and uses its power to strike down Ruber, who then flees. Later, Arthur returns Lionel's body and shield to his widow Lady Juliana before mourning Lionel's death. He also told Julianna that she and her daughter would always be welcome at Camelot, in recognition of her husband's sacrifice.
10 years later, after the death of Sir Lionel, A griffin breaks in, interrupting Arthur and his knights' meeting. Arthur makes an slow and careful move to grab Excalibur, but the Griffin grabs the sword with its beak, violently wounding Arthur's arm and breaking his chair in process. Merlin puts his arm in a sling and urges him to rest. Arthur insists on going to look for Excalibur by himself, but Merlin says he is not strong enough yet and that he must trust in his people.
Later, One of Arthur's knights tells Arthur that Juliana has payed a visit (which is actually Ruber using her to get himself inside Camelot to take over and start a riot), Arthur heads down to the round table tower, unaware that the fight had already broke out outside his castle. When he reaches the Round Table, Ruber had turned up, ready to overthrow Arthur with Excalibur - now fused to his arm earlier in order to hold it forever. Ruber had many attempts to try and strike Arthur but keeps striking the table. Before Ruber can kill him, Kayley saves Arthur by swinging down with a wooden beam and knocks Ruber out of the window into the courtyard. Arthur's arm is quickly healed by the magical wave as Ruber disintegrated by the stone, Arthur steps outside and draws Excalibur from the stone and was now back in right hands of Arthur.
Arthur then knights Kayley and Garrett as knights of the round table for their bravery and realizes that the kingdom's strength is not based on the strength of the king alone.
Sir Lionel is Arthur's most trusted knight and also, his dear friend. Lionel sacrificed himself to protect the king from Ruber's violent outburst; Arthur and the knights pay their respect in honor and tribute for his beloved friend and knight at his funeral.
Arthur relies on his knights, and they always obey Arthur's laws and orders. When Arthur is injured and has Excalibur taken by the Griffin, The knights tried their best to stop the Griffin and take back the sword, but none of them prevailed (unaware that the Griffin accidentally dropped Excalibur in the Forbidden Forest).
Ruber is Arthur's mortal enemy who has turned on the king after being denied his demands for more lands. Ruber attempts to attack the king in fury, but Arthur bravely rebels the traitor with Excalibur. But without Excalibur at his side and with the sword in the wrong hands of Ruber that is magically attached onto his arm, Arthur becomes vulnerable at the mercy of Ruber and his own sword.
- [Reprimanding Ruber] Sir Ruber, always thinking of yourself. As knights of the round table, our obligation is to the people, not to ourselves. The lands will be divided according to each person's needs.
- [giving an eulogy of Sir Lionel, who was murdered by Ruber from his violent rampage] Sir Lionel, was our most, trusted knight. And also, my dear, dear friend. We will always remember how we bravely upheld the ideals of Camelot.
- In the ten years since Sir Lionel's death, equality, and freedom, have spread throughout the lands. Excalibur, has given us the strength to stand together against all injustice. [the knights applaud] Camelot, has prospered beyond our greatest dreams- [Arthur was suddenly cut short when an Griffin burst in from above.]
- [to Ruber, who is trying to kill him with Excalibur; now bonded to his arm] I may not survive, but you'll never destroy the ideals of Camelot!
- [Arthur gratefully knights Kayley and Garrett for their bravery] I dub thee, Sir Garrett, and I dub thee, Lady Kayley. Thank you for saving Camelot. You have reminded us that the kingdom's strength is not based on the strength of the king, but the strength of the people. For this day forward, you will both sit as Knights of the Round Table.
- Arthur's hairstyle and beard is similar to Obi Wan Kenobi from the Star Wars franchise.